Before you get started on the Air Still Pro you’ll need to make a wash. The Air Still Essentials Distillation Kit is the perfect companion, containing all the accessories and ingredients required to make an 8 L (2.1 US Gal) sugar wash ready for distilling:
- Make sure the tap is securely fitted to the Air Still Fermenter. Clean and sanitise your fermenter thoroughly. We recommend always using a new carbon cartridge for each fermentation, this is situated in the lid of your Air Still Fermenter and helps remove any fermentation odours.
- Add 7.5 L (2.0 US Gal) of water to your fermenter at 30°C (86°F).
- Add 2.4 kg (5.3 lb) dextrose to the water and stir until dissolved.
- Add Turbo Yeast and Nutrient sachets.
- Gently massage the Turbo Carbon sachet and then add to the mix. Stir well.
- Sit the fermenter at room temperature - approx. 18-24°C (64-75°F) for 7 days or until wash has stopped bubbling.
- To confirm fermentation is complete test the wash with a hydrometer. The wash has completed fermentation when the Specific Gravity (SG) reading is at or below 990 and has been stable for 2 consecutive days.
- Now clear your wash. First, stir vigorously to remove all gases. Once degassed, add Turbo Clear Part A. Stir well then stand for 1 hour.
- Add Turbo Clear Part B whilst stirring. Stop stirring as soon as all of Part B has been added. You must stir very gently, otherwise you will disrupt the clearing process. Stand for 24 hours then carefully remove clear wash for distilling.
- You will end up with approximately 8 L (2.1 US Gal) of purified wash ready for distilling.
Please refer to Instructions for Before you Start Distilling before you start distilling for cleaning the Air Still Pro.