Before using your Air Still Pro, you'll need to have a wash prepared to distill, please revert to the preparing the wash instructions before proceeding.
Once ready to distill, we recommend cleaning the boiler and head unit to remove any manufacturing debris or residues, then after every 4-6 distillation runs:
- Fill the spare foreshots collection vial with 15 ml (0.5 US fl oz) vinegar and 15 ml (0.5 US fl oz) hot water. Remove the pre-fitted reflux distillation tip ”R” from the unit and put both distillation tips (labelled “R” and “P”) in the vial to soak for 1 hour. Rinse the tips and vial with water after soaking. Note: Use the spanner to loosen the distillation tip. Turn clockwise to loosen. Using your fingers to tighten firmly turning anti-clockwise.
- Add 500 ml (17 US fl oz) of boiling water and 500 ml (17 US fl oz) of white vinegar to your boiler.
- Fit the pot still distillation tip “P” onto the system.
- Place the Air Still Pro head unit onto the boiler. Ensure the head unit is aligned on the boiler correctly so that the power cord from the head unit can reach the boiler power socket. Firmly press the head unit onto the boiler. Ensure that the silicone seal is firmly pressed down into the boiler and not visible.
- Connect the power cord that’s attached to the head unit to the boiler’s power socket. Then connect the long power cord into the plug socket on the head unit and into your wall socket. Place a collection container under the spirit output (600 ml [20 US fl oz] or greater).
- Fill the foreshots collection vial with cold water. Remove the column cap and botanical basket and slowly pour the water down the centre of the column. Reinstall the foreshots collection vial into the socket and also the botanical basket at the top of the column, and firmly press the column cap on.
- Press the distilling mode selector button once to enter standby mode. The button light will turn white.
- Press and hold the mode selector button until the colour turns purple, then release to enter pot still mode. The light will pulse purple, and you will hear 2 beeps to confirm you have entered pot still mode. The fan and pump will briefly turn on and then off – a whining noise may occur for a few seconds while the pump primes itself.
- Check the boiler light is illuminated red (this confirms the boiler heating element is working correctly).
- Once the boiler has reached temperature (this should take around 15 minutes) the fan and pump will turn on. Your system is now cleaning itself. Let the system run for 1 hour – over this time cleaning fluid may drip into your collection vessel. After 1 hour, turn off the power switch at the wall.
- Allow at least 20 minutes for the system to cool down. Failing to do this may result in hot vapour burns, which can cause serious injury. Then remove the glass vial and the Air Still Pro head unit from the boiler. Note: To avoid spillage loosen the vial by running your finger between the vial and rubber lining outside the socket.
- Empty the boiler and vial and rinse with water. Once cool, remove the column cap. Pour water continuously down the reflux column until it starts to flow out of the small outlet on the underside of the head unit. Note: If the Head Unit appears stuck remove the column cap to release the suction.
- Do this over a kitchen sink, or similar. This will help flush out any remaining vinegar or residues. Note: Water will also come out of the distillation tip.
- Your system is now ready for distilling.
For recommendations on how to select your distilling mode please proceed to: Instructions for Selecting the Distilling Mode.